- What is Blues?
- The pre-ragtime non-readers piano and guitar 7th chord music of the Southern and Gulf Coast regions of the United States
- What is Jazz?
- (a)The orchestration of ragtime causing the piano player to move his left hand up one or more octaves and other instruments to provide the bass line
- (b) Stride Bass piano
- (c) The orchestration of Stride Bass piano
- What is Stride piano?
- Ragtime at a slower tempo; The slowing of the tempo of ragtime
- What is Rock 'n' Roll?
- The transposing of pre-ragtime and ragtime era blues piano sub-genres Honkey Tonk (also known as The Shuffle and Barrel House) and Boogie Woogie to other instruments notably the saxophone and acoustic bass early on, and electric guitar
The definitions of blues, jazz, stride piano and rock 'n' roll are copyrighted by the publisher of this site and may not be reprinted or re-stated without the express written permission of the publisher